Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

NOTD: Summery Stripes (Really... lots and lots of stripes!)

Hi there! Today I've got a look that I sported a few weeks ago when it was a little more summer and a little less autumn. It looks so dull out today I needed to bring some color into things... and you can't deny that with this mani!

Taken near dusk, so my skin looks a bit off.

I started off with a white base coat to make everything pop, then went crazy with polish and my paintbrush as a I free-handed stripes! I tried to keep an orange/pink/purple theme but ended up sneaking in some greens and yellows. Overall... I should've planned the colors and placement of stripes a lot better. Everything's a little inconsistent and fuzzy. I also think I need to invest in actual nail art brushes (at least a striper) to help my designs look better. Look for a revamp in the future!

Polishes Used
Sinful Colors Snow Me White (as a base)
Funky Fingers Kiss The Girl
Funky Fingers Like Clockwork
Funky Fingers Pop Artist
Fresh Paint High Voltage
Sally Hansen Plum Power (#230)
Piggy Polish Damsel In This Dress
NYC Midtown Mimosa (#153)
Hot Topic Green (No label information!)
Color Club Feelin' Groovy
Zoya Hope
Zoya Roxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! ^_^