Pages

Monday, February 02, 2015

A Thanksgiving Waterfall

New technique time! I've seen waterfall manis all over the place, but finally gave it a shot thanks to a new set of nail art brushes. Having the right tools makes all of the difference when you're trying to make skinny lines! 

Taken in artificial light.

I wanted an orange base for this look but wasn't sure which polish to use. Peach was too pastel and pumpkin was too dark... but what about my nemesis (OPI's Y'All Come Back Now Ya Hear)? It was the perfect color! As you'll recall, Y'all Come Back reacts with my nails to create a beautiful dark stain. Which is lovely, except no. Just no. 

Luckily I came up with the perfect (and oh-so-simple) solution: a white undercoat! A quick coat of white left my nails stain-free and made the jelly appear solid, so I only needed 2 coats of Y'All Come Back. Excellent!

Polishes Used
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
OPI Y'All Come Back Now Ya Hear
Piggy Polish Ivy Leaf in Santa Claus
Dots Metallic Bronze
Revlon Jackson Polish
CoverGirl #245 Go Go Mango
Zoya Ziv
Sally Girl Gold Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! ^_^