Pages

Friday, August 01, 2014

Mattified Glitter featuring Julep's Ciara

Hello! I did what I swore I wasn't going to do and ended up trying Julep back in the fall. I got my three bottles of nail polish and was excited to see what the hype was about, so I swatched up Ciara and topped it with some glitter.


Ciara is a dark, burnt cranberry color with a subtle teal shimmer. Unfortunately, you can't see the shimmer in the picture, but it was noticeable in-person. Application was eh... streaky on the first coat and still streaky on the second. A third, thin coat evened everything out. 

So what can I say about Julep? I'm not that impressed. The bottles are cute, but the shape makes holding onto the brush a pain and they are way too small (especially to justify the price!). I wasn't that impressed with the formula either. For a brand that seems marketed toward luxury, this wasn't spectacular. Unsubscribed!

Polishes Used
Julep Ciara
Ooh La Lacquer Grosky Lil' Beotch
Warpaint Beauty Mattify

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! ^_^